In this post, we’ll cover what Whitepages is and Step-by-Step instructions on of How to Opt Out of Whitepages.
What is Whitepages?
Whitepages is a well known online directory containing one of the largest personal information databases available in the US. You can search for just about anyone with a name, phone number, or address.
Whitepages collects data from property deeds, telecom companies, social media sites, and public records. People’s personal and private information is publicly accessible for free and can be sold to third-party advertisers and organizations for marketing purposes. Meaning – you are at a greater risk of identity theft, stalking, and harassment. In order to take control of their personal information, many people are choosing to opt out of Whitepages to protect themselves.
If you would like to remove your personal information from Whitepages, follow the Step-by-Step instructions on of How to Opt Out of Whitepages provided below.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from Whitepages?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Whitepages :
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Whitepages by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Whitepages Manually?
1) Open a web browser and navigate to Whitepages here: https://www.whitepages.com/. In the search area, enter your first and last name, and the city, state or zip code where you live. Then click the Search button.
2) From the results that appear, find your profile and click the View Details button.
Note: You will be able to view more personal details about yourself if you click on your profiles that have a View Details button. Other links within profiles will redirect you to other webpages that restrict your information unless you pay a fee, or will redirect you to other sponsored websites.
3) When your personal details are shown, copy your profile URL link from the web address bar indicated in the red rectangle below.
4) Navigate to the Whitepages Opt-Out page here: https://www.whitepages.com/suppression-requests. Paste your profile URL link in the space provided and click the Next button.
5) Click the Remove Me button. If the details provided are not yours, click “This is the wrong person. Take me back” and follow the instructions.
6) Select a removal reason from the dropdown and add additional comments in the space provided. Then click Next.
7) Enter your phone number. You will receive a call asking for a verification code that will be shown in a new window once you check the affirmation box and click the Call now to verify button.
8) Once you receive the call from Whitepages, listen to the instructions and input the verification code shown when prompted to do so. Once your code is accepted, your personal information will be removed from the Whitepages website.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.