In this post, we’ll cover what RealPeopleSearch is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of RealPeopleSearch.
What is RealPeopleSearch?
RealPeopleSearch is a people search website that allows anyone to search for an individual by name, address, phone number, and email address. Additional detailed information like names of relatives, traffic tickets, age and date of birth, criminal records, marriage records, divorce records, and arrest records can also be accessed.
You might want to consider opting out of RealPeopleSearch. The RealPeopleSearch site collects and stores personal information about you without your consent. This information can be obtained without your knowledge or permission by just about anyone.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from RealPeopleSearch?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like RealPeopleSearch:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from RealPeopleSearch by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of RealPeopleSearch Manually?
1) Navigate to the RealPeopleSearch website here: https://realpeoplesearch.com/. Enter your first name and last name in the fields provided under the People Search tab, then click the Start Search button.
2) In the search results that appear, find your profile and click the View Details button. Do NOT click the Get Full Report button next to your profile, you will be redirected to a different site. If you do not see your profile, narrow down your search by clicking Filter by State.
3) A new window will open providing detailed information about you. In order to process your opt out, copy the your profile URL link from the address bar at the top of the browser – located in the red rectangle in the image below.
4) Now scroll all the way to the bottom of the web page and click the Remove My Info link found under Legal Info.
5) On the next page that appears, click on the link where it says filling out this form in the Remove My Info paragraph. You will redirected to a Google Forms page.
6) You will need to have a Gmail account in order to complete the RealPeopleSearch opt out. Fill out the form with your first and last name, gmail address, your profile URL link that you copied in Step 3, and a reason for your opt out. Then click Submit.
7) An on screen notification will appear confirming your opt out request. Your personal profile will be removed from the RealPeopleSearch website within 24 to 48 hours.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.