In this post, we’ll cover what ThatsThem is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of ThatsThem.
What is ThatsThem?
ThatsThem is a people search site. Using a tool that accesses over 1 billion records, you can search and find out detailed personal information about someone with very little data. ThatsThem personal records include demographics, financial and real estate information, contact information, VIN numbers, and lifestyle data. Recently, ThatsThem was acquired by Spokeo, one of the leading providers of people search and background check services.
Your own personal information can be sold to websites like ThatsThem, putting you at risk for identity theft. To help you identify these websites, Optery offers scan and removal services for your exposed private information. We cover more than 200 data broker sites where you can find your information exposed. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and receive tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to our paid subscription and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removals.
If you are concerned about your personal information being exposed on ThatsThem, follow the Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of ThatsThem provided below.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like ThatsThem:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from ThatsThem by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of ThatsThem Manually?
1) Check to see if your personal information is exposed on ThatsThem by doing a search. Go to the homepage https://thatsthem.com/. Enter your name and the city and state you currently live in and click the Search button.
You can also search for your personal information by using your address, phone, email, IP or VIN. Click the appropriate tab, enter the requested information and then click the Search button.
2) Find your profile in the search results. Copy your name, address, phone numbers and email address as they appear in the profile listing.
3) Scroll down to the bottom of the search results page and click the Optout link.
4) Enter the requested information into the opt out form that you copied from your profile. Complete the security CAPTCHA and hit the Submit button.
4) An on screen notification will appear confirming your opt out request.
5) Your profile will be removed within 5-7 business days.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.