In this post, we’ll cover what Persopo is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of Persopo.
What is Persopo?
Persopo is a people search engine that aggregates public data to provide information on people. You will find peoples’ names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and social media profiles. According to the Persopo website, you can find old friends, classmates, family members, and business associates. Unfortunately, people look up sites can also be used for abuse, identity theft, and spam. If you’d like to remove your personal information from Persopo, read on.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Persopo:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Persopo by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Persopo Manually?
1) On their homepage https://persopo.com/, use the search option. Provide your full name, city & state, and hit the Search button.
2) Browse through the search result and find the listing that matches your information. Copy all the listings in a text format.
3) Submit the opt out request via email to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
4) You will receive an email confirmation once your profile has been successfully removed.
Note that the removal process with Persopo typically takes 10-20 business days depending on the number of requests they received.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.