In this post, we’ll cover what RealtyHop is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of RealtyHop.
What is RealtyHop?
RealtyHop is a data broker that allows you to search for homes, condos, apartments for sale, foreclosed homes, and homes for rent. It aggregates listings from multiple listing services and then filters them based on user preferences. The service is free to users, who can set up an account and search for properties by city, price, and other criteria.
However, there are some downsides to using RealtyHop. The company makes money by selling data about its users to real estate agents. Whenever a user saves a property on RealtyHop, the site notifies agents who have access to that property so they can contact the user directly. If you are uncomfortable with this, you should probably remove your information on RealtyHop.
Optery offers scanning and removal services for your exposed private information. We cover more than 315 data broker sites, more than any competitor. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and then use that information to contact companies listing your info and ask for your info to be removed, or you can upgrade to our paid subscription and let our Opt-out Agents handle the removals for you.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like RealtyHop:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from RealtyHop by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of RealtyHop Manually?
1) Navigate to RealtyHop Property Records Search Page https://www.realtyhop.com/property-records/search. To find your real estate listing, enter your full name, organization, or property address, then click Search.
2) Scroll down until you find your listing and click on your name. At the bottom of the page, click the “Redact Record” button.
3) The “Redact This Record” button will appear under each transaction. Locate the transaction that is related to you and click “Redact This Record“.
4) In your browser, a new page will appear. Complete the CAPTCHA and then click the Redact button.
5) A screen notification will indicate that you have successfully removed your listing. If you need to remove multiple listings, please go through the process again for each record.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.