In this post, we’ll cover what LocatePeople is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of LocatePeople.
What is LocatePeople?
LocatePeople is a people search site that allows you to find people using any information including name, age, address, phone number, email address, social profiles, photos, and more. This people search engine aggregates data from hundreds of sources including public records, social networks, and various online directories.
Optery scans for and removes your private information from the internet. We cover more than 270 data broker sites. Sign up for a free Exposure Scan. From there you can use the report plus our time-saving tools to remove your information manually, or you can upgrade to our paid subscription and let our Opt-out Agents help you with the removals.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like LocatePeople:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from LocatePeople by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of LocatePeople Manually?
1) Navigate to the LocatePeople website page https://www.locatepeople.org/. Enter your first and last name, and choose your state. Then click the Search button.
2) Scroll down until you find your listing, then copy the Report ID number.
3) Next, go to LocatePeople’s opt out page https://www.locatepeople.org/optout/. Or you may scroll down to the bottom of the homepage and click the Do Not Sell My Information link on the footer.
4) Fill out your first and last name, paste your Record ID number and enter your email address. Solve the CAPTCHA box, and then click the Submit button.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
5) Find the verification email in your inbox, and click the link to confirm your removal request.
6) LocatePeople will notify you through email once the removal is complete, in about 2 to 15 business days.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.