In this post, we’ll cover what LocatePeople is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of LocatePeople.
What is LocatePeople?
LocatePeople is a people search site that allows you to search for 95% of the adult population in the United States. LocatePeople accesses thousands of databases nationwide to provide detailed information about individuals using census data, property records, phone directories, social networking indexes and national, state and local records.
Optery scans for and removes your private information from sites like LocatePeople.org. We cover more than 315 data broker sites. Sign up for a free Exposure Scan and use your personal report in combination with Optery’s time-saving tools to remove your information manually, or upgrade to one of our paid subscriptions and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removals.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from LocatePeople?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like LocatePeople:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from LocatePeople by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of LocatePeople Manually?
Follow the steps below to opt out of LocatePeople.org.
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia, follow the steps below. State specific opt out steps are provided after you complete Step 3.
1) Navigate to the LocatePeople website here: https://www.locatepeople.org/. A personal Report ID is required to opt out of LocatePeople. Search for your Report ID by entering your first name, last name and the state where you live in the search fields, then click SEARCH.
2) Find your personal information from the search results. Your Report ID number will be under the SEARCH DETAILS. Copy your Report ID number.
3) Return to the LocatePeople home page here: https://www.locatepeople.org/, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the EXERCISE MY PRIVACY RIGHTS link located inside the red rectangle in the image below.
4) In the Opt Out request form that appears, enter your first and last name, your Report ID number copied from Step 2, and your email address. Complete the security CAPTCHA and click SUBMIT.
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia, state specific opt out form links are BELOW the general form on the same web page as the image below. Page down to Step A below for the California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia opt out instructions.
5) Check your email inbox for an email from LocatePeople.org. Open the email and click the link provided to confirm your opt out request.
6) An on screen notification will appear confirming your opt out request.
7) LocatePeople.org will send you an email notification once your opt out request has been completed. Your personal information will be removed from the LocatePeople.org website.
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia, follow the State specific Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of LocatePeople provided below. You will need your to have your Report ID from Step 2 above.
A) After clicking the EXERCISE MY PRIVACY RIGHTS link in Step 3 above from bottom of the LocatePeople home page here: https://www.locatepeople.org/, scroll past the general opt out form and find the two paragraphs for state specific opt out form links. Click the HERE link that coincides with the state where you are a resident.
B) In the form that appears, select United States from the country list and the state where you are a resident from the state list (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia). You are submitting the opt out information, so select Myself. Select Delete My Information under the Right you Want to Exercise. Enter your personal information into the fields with the red asterisk * first name, last name and email address. Paste your Report ID copied from Step 2, and enter the reason for your opt out in the Request Details section. Complete the security CAPTCHA and click the Submit button.
C) LocatePeople will send you an email to verify your identity in order to process your opt out request.
D) Сheck your inbox for an email from LocatePeople. Open the email and click the Confirm Email button to initiate your opt out.
E) An opt out confirmation message will appear. You will be notifiied when your opt out request has been approved. Your personal information will be removed from the LocatePeople.org website.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.