In this post, we’ll cover what Locate-Friend is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of Locate-Friend.
What is Locate-Friend?
Locate-Friend is a people search data broker. Locate-Friend provides phone numbers and addresses of people with a simple search. Locate-Friend shares personal information with third-party companies, which means your personal information could be sold or used without your consent. Locate-Friend has also been known to sell personal data to marketers and other businesses, which could lead to unwanted solicitations or even identity theft.
If you are concerned about your online privacy, Optery helps you scan and remove your exposed private information. We cover more than 200 sites and other websites where you can find your personal information exposed. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to one of our paid subscriptions and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removals.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Locate-Friend:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Locate-Friend by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Locate-Friend Manually?
- Navigate to the Locate-Friend homepage here: https://locate-friend.com. Scroll down to their search directory. You have an option to search using a Country Index or Name Index. Click your country of residence or the first letter of your last name. A last name search is used in the example below,
- Browse through the search results and select the next letters in your last name.
- Locate your listing from the results provided and click on your name to open your profile page.
- On your profile page, scroll down to the Opt Out Request form. Enter your name, email, phone number, and reason you want to opt out. Complete the security CAPTCHA and click the Submit button.
- After you click submit, an on screen confirmation will appear that you have requested to opt out of the Locate-Friend site.
- Your profile will be removed immediately after Locate-Friend processes your opt out request.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.