CorporationWiki: How to Opt Out of CorporationWiki | Step-by-Step Instructions
In this post, we’ll cover what CorporationWiki is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of CorporationWiki.
What is CorporationWiki?
CorporationWiki is a data broker that offers historical data on businesses like the names of business owners, services the company provided, and the employees. Anyone can look up information about you and your prior employment history, as well as your positions within a company. It is very easy to conduct a name search on over 40 million people and a company search on over 50 million businesses on the CorporationWiki site.
Your personal information can be sold to websites like CorporationWiki, putting you at risk for identity theft. To help you identify these websites, Optery offers you scan and removal services for your exposed private information. We cover more than 200 data broker sites where you can find your information exposed. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and receive tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to our paid subscription and let our Opt-out Agents help you with the removals.
Optery recently launched Optery for Business, for business owners who want to cover the removal of their employees’ personal information from the internet. Optery for Business uses advanced technology to locate information that benefits both business owners – to reduce the risk of online phishing and hacking of sensitive information, and employees – for personal safety from identity theft that might be used to put the business at risk. Sign up now!
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like CorporationWiki:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from CorporationWiki by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of CorporationWiki Manually?
1) Navigate to the CorporationWiki website page https://www.corporationwiki.com/.
2) Enter your name or company name in the search box. Click Search.
Note: The Opt Out process is the same for a name or company search. A name search is used in the opt out instructions that follow.
3) Find your listing and click on it. Copy the URL of your profile from the address bar.
4) Go to the opt-out page https://www.corporationwiki.com/profiles/public. Paste the URL of your profile in the area provided. Type in your email address and full name. Click I agree to the terms. Submit request.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
5) Check your inbox for an email from CorporationWiki. Click the verification link provided in the email to confirm your opt-out request.
6) Confirmation of your record removal will be provided.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, yet important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are still hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying personal information. They are changing and being updated constantly. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind.