Apollo.io: How to Opt Out of Apollo.io | Step-by-Step Instructions
In this post, we will cover what Apollo.io is and provide step-by-step instructions on how to opt out of Apollo.io.
What is Apollo.io?
Apollo.io is a B2B data broker that offers data services for professionals and companies. Apollo.io aids with prospects and leads sourced from professional platforms like LinkedIn.
Optery offers Optery for Business, a great way for business owners who want to cover the removal of their employee’s personal information from the internet. Optery for Business uses advanced technology to locate information that benefits both business owners – to reduce risk of online phishing and hacking of sensitive information, and employees – for personal safety from identity theft that might be used to put the business at risk. Sign up now!
If you are concerned about your personal or company online security, we have created step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of Apollo.io below.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Apollo.io:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Apollo.io by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Apollo.io Manually?
1) Go to the Apollo.io homepage here: https://www.apollo.io/. Find the Do Not Sell My Personal Info link at the lower bottom right of the webpage and click on it.
2) Enter your Work Email and click the Click here to opt out of Apollo button.
3) Check your business email inbox for a notification email from Apollo.io. Click the verification link attached in the email to proceed with your opt out request.
4) An on-screen confirmation message will be displayed.
Note: The message above indicates that the business email is not in their database. If you receive the above message, Apollo.io will add your business email to a suppression list. If you believe your business profile is on the Apollo.io site, follow the steps below to manually search for your information. Once you find your profile, you can submit an opt out request by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to search for your profile on Apollo.io
1) Go to the Apollo.io homepage here: https://www.apollo.io/. Scroll all the way down the webpage to their search directories. Click the first letter of your first name for a person search or the first letter of the name of company you are associated with for a company search.
2) Browse through the Person or Business directories provided to locate your profile.
3) Open your individual profile by clicking directly on your name. If you are doing a business search, you can click on the Employees option below the Company Info to locate your profile from the employees list. Click on your name from the Employees List. Copy your profile URL and include it along with your opt out request in an email to email@example.com
Congratulations on your Opt Out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.