In this post, we’ll cover what AllAreaCodes is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of AllAreaCodes.
What is AllAreaCodes?
AllAreaCodes is a data broker that allows people to look up US and Canadian area codes by province, city, state and phone number as well as locating international dialing codes. They also provide a reverse phone number look up. You can find personal information like the name of the person associated with the phone number being looked up, their address, phone carrier and a map of where they live.
If you are concerned about your own personal information being easily accessible on a site like AllAreaCodes, take a look at the Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of AllAreaCodes provided below.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like AllAreaCodes:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from AllAreaCodes by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of AllAreaCodes Manually?
1) Navigate to the AllAreaCodes site here: https://www.allareacodes.com. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click the “Remove Name” link.
NOTE: After clicking the “Remove Name” link, you might have to perform a security puzzle. Complete the security puzzle to proceed with your opt out.
2) You will be redirected to a removal page. Enter your phone number in the appropriate field and select how you would like to verify your phone number from the Verification Method drop down. There are two options, Text/SMS or Call. Then click the “Submit” button.
Have the phone associated with the number you entered close by. You will need to enter a verification code that will be sent to your phone in the next step in order to process your opt out.
3) Once you have received the verification code, enter it in the indicated field and click the blue “Submit” button.
4) Your personal information will be removed from the AllAreaCodes site within one week.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying personal information. They are changing and being updated constantly. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind.