In this post, we’ll cover what ZabaSearch is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of ZabaSearch.
What is ZabaSearch?
ZabaSearch is a people search and reverse phone lookup website displaying detailed personal information like phone numbers and home addresses for almost anyone. Information like this can often be used against you by hackers, scammers, or stalkers.
If you are concerned about your personal information being accessible on ZabaSearch, opt out by following the step-by-step instructions provided below.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from ZabaSearch?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like ZabaSearch:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from ZabaSearch by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of ZabaSearch Manually?
1) Go to the ZabaSearch home page here: https://www.zabasearch.com/, scroll down to the bottom of the homepage and click the Suppress My Data link.
2) A new window will open with a PeopleConnect Suppression Center form. Opt outs for ZabaSearch are managed by PeopleConnect. Enter your email address in the field provided, check the agreement box and click Continue.
3) An on screen message will appear notifying you that an email has been sent to your inbox.
4) Check your inbox for an email from PeopleConnect and open it. Click the VERIFY EMAIL link included in the email.
5) A new window will open. Enter your date of birth (month, day, year) in the field provided, check the verification box and click Continue.
6) The next form requires you to enter your first, middle and last name. Check the box verifiying the name you entered is your legal name and then click Continue.
NOTE: If you have more than one name, click add another name, and follow the steps provided.
7) A list of records will appear. Find your record and check the circle next to it. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Continue button.
8) You will need to verify your identity for your opt out. Choose the verification method from the drop-down options (email or phone number). Then click Request Verification Code.
9) Once you receive your verification code, enter it where requested and follow the directions to continue. Once you are verified a confirmation message will appear. Click the Continue button to proceed with your opt out.
10) The last step of your opt out requires you to select Suppressed in the Desired Behavior section. Selecting Suppressed will remove your personal information from the ZabaSearch website. Click the Save button to finalize your opt out.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.