In this post we will cover what Radaris is and provide Step-by-Step Instructions on How to Opt Out of Radaris.
What is Radaris?
Radaris is a data broker site that provides detailed profiles of almost everyone in the United States by accessing public records and social media profiles. Anyone can search the Radaris site for free by entering a name, email address, phone number, or company name into search fields and access information; accounts on social media, names of relatives, work experience and resumes, age, full names, current addresses, photos and videos, criminal records, and even death certificates.
If you are concerned about your personal information being on display on websites like Radaris, take action and Opt Out. Follow the steps in Optery’s Opt Out guide provided below and remove your private data from Radaris.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from Radaris?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Radaris:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Radaris by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Radaris Manually?
1) Go to the Radaris home page here: https://radaris.com/. In order to opt out of Radaris, you will need to find your profile URL and enter it into the Radaris opt out form. Find your profile URL by using the search on the Radaris homepage. Enter your first and last name and the city and state where you live into the search fields, then click the search icon.
2) From the search results, find your profile. Click the blue View Profile button on the right of your profile.
3) When your profile opens in a new window, copy your profile URL link from the web address bar indicated inside the red rectangle in the image below.
4) Return to the Radaris homepage here: https://radaris.com/ Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the homepage and click the Do Not Sell My Info link.
5) The opt out form will appear. Paste your profile URL copied from Step 3 into the space provided. Enter your first and last name in the User name field, your email address into the email address field, complete the security CAPTCHA and click Send Request.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
6) An on screen notification will appear indicating your opt out request has been received. A confirmation will be sent to the email address you provided in the opt out form.
7) Check your inbox for confirmation of your opt out request submission from Radaris. Open the email and click the verification link to complete your opt out.
8) Confirmation of your opt out will appear. Your personal data will be removed from the Radaris website.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.