In this post, we’ll cover what PeopleByName is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of PeopleByName.
What is PeopleByName?
PeopleByName is a provider of reverse phone number lookup services in the US and Canada. With over a billion records in its database, it can provide you with a full report on almost any phone number. The information that’s associated with the phone number includes its full name, address, and history.
With the amount of sensitive information they share online, it is obvious that this information is exposed to possibilities of fraud and cybercrimes. For this reason, it is crucial that we limit the amount of data that is publicly available online in order to reduce the risk of privacy abuses.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like PeopleByName:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from PeopleByName by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of PeopleByName?
1) Go to the PeopleByName homepage page http://www.peoplebyname.com/. Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on People Directory.
2) Start running a search by clicking on the first letter of your last name.
3) Among the search results, find and click on your last name.
4) A new list of search results will appear for the selected last name. Among the said search results, find and click on your first name.
5) When you have found yourself among the search results, copy the 9-digit Record ID found in the upper right corner of your record detail. You must verify first if this is yourself and not someone else with your same name by checking if the name, location, and phone number match yours.
6) On a new tab, navigate to the PeopleByName opt-out page http://www.peoplebyname.com/remove.php. Fill up the removal form with your first name, last name, email address, Record ID, and Reason for removal. Verify the captcha box then click Request Removal.
7) An on-screen confirmation will appear that your removal request had been submitted. The removal process usually takes less than 24 hours.
8) PeopleByName will notify you through email when the removal is complete.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying personal information. They are changing and being updated constantly. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind.