What is MyLife?
MyLife collects data on your personal information through public records and other sources, publicly displayed and available online. It was founded by Jeffrey Tinsley in 2002 as Reunion.com. In addition to that name it previously conducted business as Wink.com.
Your personal profile includes:
- Your contact details and current location
- Your Social status, networth, Blog posts, Social media activities,
- Your family members name
- Your criminal records history, lawsuits,liens
- Property purchases, bankruptcy
- Dating sites status
- Phone numbers and email addresses
- Street addresses
- Work history
- School history ( school friends)
- Sex offernder history
- Links to your social media accounts
In today's hyper-connected world where information can be used for both good and bad, more and more people are prioritizing their privacy and choosing to opt-out of people search data brokers like Mylife to prevent private personal information from being displayed openly and bought and sold to anyone on the Internet.
How do I Opt-Out and Remove Myself from Mylife?
There are three primary ways to remove your personal information from Mylife depending on whether you would like to sign up for an automated service or would like to do it yourself manually, or whether you live in California or not. California has the most progressive consumer data privacy laws in the United States, providing residents of California with special privacy protections.
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. You're busy and your time is extremely valuable - it's worth the few bucks per month to have us do the work for you. Our platform also continues monitoring and removing your profile from dozens of other data brokers on an ongoing basis (on average, your information can be found on 30+ data broker websites). Click here to sign up and get started with a free account.
- Submit your opt out manually to remove your name and report from public display on Mylife using Mylife's Public Records Opt Out Process. You can do this yourself and it's available to all residents of the United States. Scroll down further to How do I Opt Out of Mylife Manually?
- Submit your California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Data Deletion Request manually. The CCPA Data Deletion Request is only available to residents of California and is a more robust opt out that purges your data as opposed to simply having it removed from public display (as described above). Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request to Mylife (only applicable to California residents).
How do I Opt Out of MyLife Manually?
- Navigate to MyLife webpage https://www.mylife.com/, enter your name or phone number and home address in the search box and click the search button.
2. Find your listing/s, right-click on your name to copy the link address.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the link to “Do not sell my personal information”. https://www.mylife.com/ccpa/index.pubview
4. Fill out the opt-out form with your profile URL listing, your email address, solve the captcha validation then click opt-out to submit. When filling out the form, for privacy purposes, we recommend using a backup, temporary, or one-time use email address, and Not using your primary email address.
5. You will receive an on-screen notification that the request has been submitted successfully. Check your email confirmation from MyLife.
You will receive a removal email confirmation. Allow 24 hours to remove your profile. In most cases, they automatically opt out of your profile after removal requests are submitted.