In this post, we’ll cover what MyLife is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of MyLife.
What is MyLife?
MyLife.com is a website that offers online reputation profile management. Individuals are given a reputation score based upon the millions of public records they access. However, anyone can search for themselves or others on the MyLife website and find out detailed personal information like criminal records, liens, bankruptcies, educational background, lawsuits, employment history, photos, contact information, full names and aliases, names of relatives, age, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, and work information.
If you are concerned about your personal details being exposed on websites like MyLife, opt out and protect your online personal information from being misused.
How do I Opt Out of MyLife?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Mylife:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Mylife by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of MyLife Manually?
1. Go to the MyLife homepage here: https://www.mylife.com/. Scroll down to the bottom of the webpage and click the Do Not Sell My Personal Information link.
2. The MyLife Opt Out form will be displayed. In order to complete the opt out form, you will need your profile URL. Click the Find URL of Reputation Profile by last name link above the First Name field to search for your profile URL.
A window will pop up with letters of the alphabet. Click on the first letter of your last name from the list.
3. A new window will open. You will need to narrow down the name search results by clicking on the name choices that would include the letters in your last name. The lists provided are alphabetical. Several webpages with options will appear, continue selecting from the names until you find your first and last name and then click on it.
Below are examples of the name selection options you might see.
4. Once you click on your name, a new webpage will open with your profile containing detailed personal information. A pop-up window might appear obscuring your profile. Click the X in the upper right corner of the pop-up window to close it.
5. Copy your profile URL from the web address area, indicated in the red rectangle in the image below to continue with your opt out.
6. Go back to the window with the MyLife opt out form. Enter the required information in the fields provided. After you enter the state where you live, paste your profile URL you copied in Step 5 in the Enter the profile url field. Then enter your email address, check the tick box if you are a California resident (if you are not, do not check it), complete the security CAPTCHA and click the Opt Out button.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
6. After you click the Opt Out button, a message confirming your opt out request will appear. Your personal information will be removed from the MyLife website.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.