In this post, we’ll cover what Yellow Pages Directory Inc. is and Step-by-Step instructions on of How to Opt Out of Yellow Pages Directory Inc.
What is Yellow Pages Directory Inc.?
Yellow Pages Directory Inc. is an online version of the same Yellow Pages that used to be delivered to front doors and mailboxes. Their online platform has expanded its services to include local advertising, display advertising, web design, and direct marketing, with the goal of making businesses easy to find.
While this might be an advantage to some, having your personal information easily accessible online means you could be at risk for identity theft and other cybercrime. If you would like to protect your personal information from being published on the Yellow Pages Directory site, follow the Step-by-Step instructions about how to Opt Out of Yellow Pages Directory Inc. described below.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Yellow Pages Directory Inc.:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Yellow Pages Directory Inc. by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Yellow Pages Directory Inc. Manually?
1) Go to the Yellow Pages Directory Inc. home page https://www.yellowpagesdirectory.com/. Enter your full name or business name and the corresponding city and state into the search box, then click the magnifying glass button to begin your search. Note: It is not necessary to select a State from the drop-down, as you can enter the city and state directly into the search box.
2) Browse the search results to locate your listing on www.yellowpagesdirectory.com. Click your name or business name to open the profile form.
3) After your profile page appears, copy the URL of your listing. Then, page down towards the bottom of your profile information. You will see the question “Are you the business owner?” Click on the “Edit or Delete Listing.” link next to it to start your opt out.
4) Paste the profile URL on the “Permalink” box. Choose the “Delete – no Free” option, provide the reason for your opt out, then fill in the ‘Contact Details’ form, perform the CAPTCHA, and click the Send Delete Request button.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
5) An on screen message will appear to confirm the successful submission of your request.
6) Your profile will be removed within 48 hours. Send a follow up request if your profile is still visible on their website.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.