PeopleFinders: How to Opt-Out and Remove Yourself from PeopleFinders | Step-by-Step Instructions
What is PeopleFinders?
Peoplefinders claims to be one of the major people search sites. They provide various types of public records and allow users to have access to personal information such as contact information, criminal history, addresses, phone numbers, and more. They collect data from property listings, government agencies, and other public sources.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like PeopleFinders:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from PeopleFinders by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Peoplefinders Manually?
- Navigate to PeopleFinders webpage https://www.peoplefinders.com/, enter your First name, Last name, City and State then click the search button.
2. Find your listing/s, right-click on your name to copy the link address.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the link to “Contact us”
4. You will get directed to the contact us page, scroll to the bottom right corner of the page and look for the link, “To manage or remove your profile, please click here.”
5. Fill out the opt-out form with your profile URL listing, enter your email address, check the box to verify you’re a robot then click send a request. When filling out the form, for privacy purposes, we recommend using a backup, temporary, or one-time use email address, and NOT using your primary email address. See our Help article for more detail on disposable email addresses.
6. The On-screen notification will say “ We’ve sent a verification link to the email address you provided”. Check your inbox.
7. Click the verification link to verify your opt out request.
8. Check the “ I am not a robot” box, then click send request.
After the request is confirmed, they will remove the profile within 24 hours.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out! However, there are hundreds more people searching sites out there displaying personal information, and they are changing and being updated periodically. It’s virtually impossible for any individual to stay on top of these data brokers on an ongoing basis which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. We do all the work, you get your time back and more peace of mind.