What is PeopleFinders?
Peoplefinders claims to be one of the major people search sites. They provide various types of public records and allow users to have access to personal information such as contact information, criminal history, addresses, phone numbers, and more. They collect data from property listings, government agencies, and other public sources.
In today's hyper-connected world where information can be used for both good and bad, more and more people are prioritizing their privacy and choosing to opt-out of people search data brokers like PeopleFinders to prevent private personal information from being displayed openly and bought and sold to anyone on the Internet.
How do I Opt-Out and Remove Myself from PeopleFinders?
There are three primary ways to remove your personal information from PeopleFinders depending on whether you would like to sign up for an automated service or would like to do it yourself manually, or whether you live in California or not. California has the most progressive consumer data privacy laws in the United States, providing residents of California with special privacy protections.
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. You're busy and your time is extremely valuable - it's worth the few bucks per month to have us do the work for you. Our platform also continues monitoring and removing your profile from dozens of other data brokers on an ongoing basis (on average, your information can be found on 30+ data broker websites). Click here to sign up and get started with a free account.
- Submit your opt out manually to remove your name and report from public display on PeopleFinders using PeopleFinders's Public Records Opt Out Process. You can do this yourself and it's available to all residents of the United States. Scroll down further to How do I Opt Out of PeopleFinders Manually?
- Submit your California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Data Deletion Request manually. The CCPA Data Deletion Request is only available to residents of California and is a more robust opt out that purges your data as opposed to simply having it removed from public display (as described above). Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request to PeopleFinders (only applicable to California residents).
How do I Opt Out of Peoplefinders Manually?
- Navigate to PeopleFinders webpage https://www.peoplefinders.com/, enter your First name, Last name, City and State then click the search button.
2. Find your listing/s, right-click on your name to copy the link address.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the link to “Contact us”
4. You will get directed to the contact us page, scroll to the bottom right corner of the page and look for the link, “To manage or remove your profile, please click here.”
5. Fill out the opt-out form with your profile URL listing, enter your email address, check the box to verify you’re a robot then click send a request. When filling out the form, for privacy purposes, we recommend using a backup, temporary, or one-time use email address, and NOT using your primary email address. See our Help article for more detail on disposable email addresses.
6. The On-screen notification will say “ We’ve sent a verification link to the email address you provided”. Check your inbox.
7. Click the verification link to verify your opt out request.
8. Check the “ I am not a robot” box, then click send request.
After the request is confirmed, they will remove the profile within 24 hours.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out! However, there are hundreds more people searching sites out there displaying personal information, and they are changing and being updated periodically. It’s virtually impossible for any individual to stay on top of these data brokers on an ongoing basis which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. We do all the work, you get your time back and more peace of mind.