In this post, we’ll cover what ContactOut is and Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of ContactOut.
What is ContactOut?
ContactOut is a platform that allows recruiters and salespeople to obtain the phone numbers and email addresses from 300 million professionals from 30 million companies. Users can search for prospects by business location, business revenue, job titles, business technologies used, business size, business departments and employee skill sets. Learn more about data broker companies like ContactOut and how to remove your personal and professional information with our Step-by-Step instructions on How to Opt Out of ContactOut.
How do I Opt Out and Remove Myself from ContactOut?
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like ContactOut:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from ContactOut by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of ContactOut Manually?
1) Open the ContactOut homepage: https://contactout.com. In order to opt out of ContactOut, you will need your ContactOut profile URL.
Locate your profile URL by scrolling down to the bottom of the ContactOut homepage. Find the Directory v expansion on the bottom left and click it. Directory search options will appear.
Once you find your profile, continue to Step 2.
2) From your profile page, copy your profile URL located in the web address field indicated in the red rectangle in the image below.
3) Go back to the ContactOut homepage here: https://contactout.com Scroll down to the bottom of the home and click the Do Not Sell My Info link.
4) In the ContactOut Opt-Out Form, enter your first and last name, email address, and paste your ContactOut profile URL copied from Step 2 above into the fields as requested. Complete the security CAPTCHA and then click Submit.
5) Confirmation of your successful opt out request will appear. Your personal information will be removed from the ContactOut site.
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.