Acxiom is B2B data broker that helps businesses market to individuals and other businesses. However, a B2B data broker that has personal information on you and other businesses, is also a potential threat to your personal security and business employees. Optery has created Step-by-Step How to Opt Out of Acxiom instructions.
What is Acxiom?
Acxiom is one of the biggest data brokers in the world. It holds an astronomical amount of data from multiple countries and shares this data with millions of businesses and consumers worldwide. Acxiom gathers information about people like home addresses, purchase histories, and online registrations, and uses that data to market to people.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Acxiom:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Acxiom by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Acxiom Manually?
1) Go to https://isapps.acxiom.com/optout/optout.aspx. Scroll down to locate the Consumer Opt Out Form, number 7, then, click the Select Opt out Segment to begin.
2) Choose the type of personal data you would like to remove. You can select one, two or all three options.
3) Select Me under the Who is opting out? drop down. Then, enter the requested information and hit the Submit button. In the example below, all three personal data options were selected for removal.
4) Enter your email address, complete the security CAPTCHA and click Submit.
5) Check your inbox for the verification email like the one below from Acxiom.
6) Click on the link attached in the confirmation email from Acxiom.
7) Complete the security CAPTCHA and click Submit.
8) Your data will be removed from their website immediately.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.