Homemetry: How to Opt Out of Homemetry | Step-by-Step Instructions
In this post, we’ll cover what Homemetry is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of Homemetry.
What is Homemetry?
Homemetry gives users access to information about past and present data like business address, residential address, property owner, and company tenant data throughout the US.
The website displays your personal information such as name, age, employment, and phone numbers which can lead cybercrime or identity theft. Digital privacy is crucial. That’s why Optery offers you free continuous scanning and the option to sign up for a paid plan for removal for your exposed private information. We cover more than 200 sites and other websites where you find your data exposed. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to our paid subscription and let our Opt-out Agents help you with the removal.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like Homemetry:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from Homemetry by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of Homemetry Manually?
1) Navigate to the Homemetry website page https://www.homemetry.com/. Enter your address in the search bar and click Search.
2) Find your profile among the search results and click Information Control on the right side of the page.
3) Select the records that you want to remove then click the Apply button. You can only remove up to 6 records at a time.
4) Enter your name and email, verify the captcha box, then Click Apply. If you have more than 6 records to remove, repeat steps 1 to 4.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
5) An on-screen notification will appear that they have sent you a confirmation email.
6) Check your email and click on the confirmation link.
7) Once confirmed, you will be notified by email that your information has been successfully removed from their website. The removal of your personal information can take up to 48 hours.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying personal information. They are changing and being updated constantly. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind.