HPCC-USA: How to Opt Out of HPCC-USA | Step-by-Step Instructions
In this post, we’ll cover what HPCC-USA is and Step-by-Step instructions on of How to Opt Out of HPCC-USA.
What is HPCC-USA?
HPCC-USA is an online database used to search for people, records, and public information. The website also provides guides on discovering and acquiring property records, recognizing phone frauds, conducting background investigations, and looking up family trees and historical documents. The information they provide such as names, addresses, phone numbers, background checks, criminal histories, marriage certificates, property records, etc. puts consumers at risk for spam, fraud, and abuse.
Optery helps you scan and remove your exposed private information. We cover more than 240 sites and other websites where you find your information exposed. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to our paid subscription and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removal.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like HPCC-USA:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from HPCC-USA by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of HPCC-USA Manually?
1) To remove your profile from HPCC-USA, copy the URL of the page where your personal information is displayed.
2) Scroll down to find the “REMOVE YOUR LISTING FORM” or you can go to https://www.hpcc-usa.org/research/change-listing.html.
3) Once your are directed on the page, fill in the form with the needed details. Select “Remove Your Listing“, paste the URL of the listing and tick the box stating that you are authorized to make the request. Finally, pass the Anti-Spam test and click the Submit button.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
4) Click the attached link “CLICK HERE TO VERIFY“. Your profile will be deleted immediately after your request.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying peoples’ personal information. They are constantly changing and being updated. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind. Bonus tip: if you’re a business owner worried about the security of your employees, we also have Optery for Business.