FastBackgroundCheck: How to Opt Out of FastBackgroundCheck | Step-by-Step Instructions
In this post, we’ll cover what FastBackgroundCheck is and provide step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of FastBackgroundCheck.
What is FastBackgroundCheck?
FastBackgroundCheck is a people search site that can provide the current address and address history, current and previous phone numbers, zodiac sign, marital status, age, names of relatives and their personal information, and access to additional detailed public records of just about anyone. The website allows searches by name, phone number and address.
Your personal information can be sold to websites like FastBackgroundCheck, putting you at risk for identity theft. To help you identify these websites, Optery offers scan and removal services for your exposed private information. We cover more than 200 data broker sites where you can find your information exposed. You can sign up for a free Exposure Scan and receive tools you can use to remove your information, or you can upgrade to our paid subscription and let our Opt Out Agents help you with the removals.
Are you a business owner? If you want to cover the removal of your employees’ personal information from the internet, Optery for Business is now available. Optery for Business uses advanced technology to locate information that benefits both business owners – to reduce the risk of online phishing and hacking of sensitive information, and employees – for personal safety from identity theft that might be used to put the business at risk. Sign up now!
If you are concerned about your personal information being exposed on FastBackgroundCheck, follow the step-by-step instructions on How to Opt Out of FastBackgroundCheck provided below.
Currently, there are three ways to remove your personal information from data broker sites like FastBackgroundCheck:
- Sign up for Optery's automated opt out and data deletion service. Our service will monitor and remove your profile from dozens of data brokers on an ongoing basis. Click here to sign up and get started with a free account and to learn about our automated service plans.
- Remove your personal information from FastBackgroundCheck by following the steps outlined below. Optery provides guides with step-by-step opt out instructions for many other data brokers here.
- If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of data broker sites that follow the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law. Click here to review Instructions for submitting a CCPA Data Deletion Request.
How do I Opt Out of FastBackgroundCheck Manually?
1) First, navigate to FastBackgroundCheck’s opt-out page here: https://www.fastbackgroundcheck.com/opt-out.
2) Enter your email address, check the agreement box and complete the security CAPTCHA. Then click the Begin Removal Process button.
IMPORTANT: Whenever contacting a data broker, we highly recommend using a disposable email address, and NOT using your own primary email address. Data brokers are known to add you to their marketing lists and databases whenever you contact them, even if the purpose is to opt out! For more info on Disposable Emails click here
3) In the search fields provided, enter your full name, city, and state where you live. Then click on the FastBackgroundCheck button.
4) Scroll through the results to find your profile and click on your name.
5) Click the Remove my record button to initiate your opt out request.
6) A screen notification will appear stating that a confirmation email was sent to the email address you provided in Step 2 above.
7) Check your inbox for an email from FastBackgroundCheck. Click the verification link within the email to finalize the removal of your personal information from the FastBackgroundCheck site.
8) FastBackgroundCheck will confirm your request and remove your record within 72 hours.
Congratulations on completing your opt-out!
You have taken a simple, but important step towards reclaiming your privacy. However, there are still hundreds of People Search Sites out there displaying personal information. They are changing and being updated constantly. It’s nearly impossible to stay on top of these data brokers which is why we offer our premium service that monitors and removes your profile from dozens of data brokers continuously. We do all the work. You get your time back and more peace of mind.